Friday, May 24, 2013

An American Classic

Star Bunny Studio 2013

the drive-in movie theater is an American classic from a time long gone. 
This once mainstream event had passed me by - I had never been to a drive-in theater. 
I was completely unaware of the vintage charm they posses, until now. 




Star Bunny Studio 2013

I was surprised to find the vintage steel speaker boxes in perfect woking order. 
The soft lighting cast from the speaker hookup gave a dreamy glow as the 
daylight begans to fade.




Star Bunny Studio 2013

The style of these speakers spoke of a time gone by and invoked a vintage setting to the 
modern accommodations.  





Star Bunny Studio 2013

Outside, the day faded into dusk. Then dusk faded into night.
The show was about to begin.




Star Bunny Studio 2013

From the comfort of a cozy car, I happily stayed for both movies shown. 

  


Star Bunny Studio 2013

After midnight the second show had come to a close, and it was time to drive home.
As we drive away into the dark night, I could not help but feel a little nostalgic for a past 
I have never known. As the nights start to grow warmer - I will be back again.

There are not as many of these old fashion drive-in theaters showing films as once before.
For a listing of drive-in theaters near you check the website listed below. 
http://www.drive-ins.com