Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Mane Attraction

Star Bunny Studio 2013


It is something every human has in common. Hair. 
Be it long, short, thin, or thick we all have a unique relationship with our locks. 
What is it that makes our hair such a BIG deal? 
There is an undeniable psychology to hair. It is a non verbal indicator that can tell 
a lot about the health, personality, and lifestyle of a person. 


Star Bunny Studio 2013


 Confession time - I am going to get personal with you.
I have not cut my hair in YEARS. I had a bad experience getting a "Trim" at a cheap hair 
cutting place in a strip mall and ever since, I have been afraid to mess with my mane.
I learned to french braid and that was my way of dealing with these long locks. 
However, my hair was taking over. 
After yet another summer in the sun my head was full of split ends and broken pieces.
No amount of fancy hair product or conditioner could fix my frizzed mane.
 Worse yet, I felt like cousin-it from the Adams family!


Star Bunny Studio 2013


My hair was around 19 inches long. Long hair works well with tall people - but, I am not tall.
I am 5' 4" and my hair length was disproportionate to the rest of my body.
I had to do something to tame the mane. 


Star Bunny Studio 2013


I had about half a foot of hair was cut off! 
I was a little sad looking at all my old locks on the salon floor. 
After my hair was blown dry and styled I was thankful I found Amber


Star Bunny Studio 2013


After moving from the DC area to the little town of Front Royal, Virginia 
I was hesitant to try something new. However, a "Hair Spa" was just what I needed.


Star Bunny Studio 2013


The first thing I noticed as I entered the was how clean everything was. 
I was greeted with a nice welcome and offered a choice of beverages to sip on while I waited. 


Star Bunny Studio 2013


I received a large mug of hot coffee and looked through a few pages of a 
current fashion magazine, while I sat on a comfy couch near a large bay window.


Star Bunny Studio 2013


My haircut started with a consultation. Then my hair was given a shampoo. 
While the conditioner soaked into my hair I received a relaxing head massage. 
This was a great treat! The massage really helped to relieved any underlaying anxiety. 
After my hair was cut and blown dry I was feeling and looking like a beauty queen. 

I was also impressed that there was not any high pressure add-on product sales.
I was informed of the product used on my hair and was told they are available, if I wanted.

After this experience I am now looking at getting a haircut as more of a treat, 
and less like an ordeal.


Star Bunny Studio 2013 

If you find yourself in the area and your hair is in need of some TLC,
 stop in and say hello to Amber & Blake.
Click on the image above to book your appointment and save some cash!