Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fade Into Fall




October is a month marked by change.
I created the image above a year before I really knew what change could mean.
October now tows painful memories of family birthdays and my little sister death. 
My nephew would be turning 4, if he was still alive. 
My mother would be turning 60, if she was still alive.

In the past October was always a month of anticipation.

Halloween was me and my sisters favorite holiday. 
We never had store bought costumes, instead my parents would make up our outfits.
One year my sister and I dressed as Care Bears.
My mother used our footed pajamas and put a heart on the tummy of my pink PJ's, 
my little sisters blue PJ's had a crescent moon. With our hair in pigtails, little hearts on 
our noses, and whiskers drawn on our cheeks. 
We looked absolutely adorable.

On the 29th of October 2013, everything in life changed. 
My little sister faded away.