Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Week In Review

POW!! POP!! FIZ!! DC Fireworks photo by Star Bunny Studio 2012
POW!! POP!! FIZ!! DC Fireworks photo by Star Bunny Studio 2012

A Week In Review

The first week of July has been a whirlwind of unexpected activity. Starting with an intense storm that tore apart my little urban backyard, and knocked out my power for three days of adulterated heat and humidity, overlapping with the early arrival of an out of town guest, set to a blur of metro rides, city architecture, and magnificent museums, that faded into a full moon lit backdrop for crazy wonderful adventures to unfold in our nations capital.

After it is all said & done I am walking away from this chaotic week with more than just pictures and great memories. I am walking away with a renewed appreciation, and gratitude for so many things. I feel it is times like these when your resilience is tested, and your creativity is stretched, that you grow the most as a person by seeing things that are often over looked.

 Lesson of the week: Perspective always helps one to gain insight.

With that all in mind, I created the image above. I was in DC by the Washington monument in the national mall for the fourth of July this year. I took this opportunity to take video and photos of the amazing fireworks displayed. In photoshop I layered 3 of these photos. By using varying levels of opacity on each layer, and adjusting the color I was able to active the final look. The last type layer I chose to use Desdemona as the font utilizing the open form in the typography against the brightly lit active background. The type was then related to the off centered focal point, and overall moment of the piece.